Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Day 1 of my journey - January 2, 2013

January 2, 2013

Today I began my journey to a healthy life.  Heather and the kids will be moving to North Carolina and I will have way too much time on my hands so I decided it was time for me to take care of ME so that I can see my amazing grandkids (all 3 of them) graduate from high school.  I am and have been overweight most of my adult life and feel pretty miserable about the way I look and feel.  The Thrive! program says for you to have your pleasurable why and your painful why.  I think my painful why would be that I know I am not healthy right now and if I don't change my life style, I won't be able to see my grandkids grow up.  My pleasurable why would be to be able to look sexy again and be able to run a 5K and actually RUN the 5K!

Each  month, I have set a specific goal for myself.  For January:

  • lose 5 lbs
  • lose at least 1 inch total
  • walk at least 40 miles
  • bike at least 20 miles (will have to be done at the gym)
  • at least 500 sit ups, but I put on Facebook 1000 sit ups
  • 20 days without alcohol (which shouldn't be hard since I rarely drink anymore)
  • 10 days sugar free (which includes diet sodas also - I put on Facebook 20 days though)
  • Get to at least 3 push ups without stopping
My neighbor, Amy, has joined with me to lose weight.  We will be attending Weight Watchers meetings on Monday mornings at 9:30.  We will also be walking and going to the gym together.  I also have the support of my daughter, Michele, who also wants to lose some weight and get healthy; my friend, Lori Kirlin, who has made a Facebook page to keep us straight; a friend of Amy's has put a challenge on Facebook that I am a part of.

So, here is my beginning stats:
January 2, 2013 Weights and Measurements
Weight: 162
Waist (at the top of the belly button): 42"
Hips (across biggest part of butt): 38.5"
Right Arm (biggest part of bicep): 11.5"
Right Leg (at top where the thighs rub together): 20.75"
Bust (right across the nipples): 44.25"

Today was an OK day for me.  I felt tired most of the day (I think because of Brianna sleeping with us in the bed and not sleeping good) and ended up taking a 2-hour nap.  Amy and I walked 2 miles this morning - from our houses to the stop sign at the middle school).  I found out that my "walking" shoes did not work well for me and I need to buy new ones.  They killed my feet and I have huge blisters on the back of my heels now.  The food did not bother me.  What I ate today:
Breakfast:  1 packet of instant grits with 1 egg white/1 whole egg scrambled with Pam spray
Lunch: Homemade vegetable soup that Amy made and a Lean Cuisine Swedish Meatball meal
Dinner: 2 small boneless, skinless chicken thighs cooked in about a tbsp of olive oil and curry powder seasoning with about 2 cups of coleslaw mix (shredded cabbage & carrots) cooked in water and soy sauce.
Snack: Healthy Choice Greek Strawberry Frozen Yogurt

I am currently on bottle number 3 of 16.9 oz bottles of Dasani water and I had a 20 oz diet Moutain Dew also.  My goal is to drink at least a half gallon to a gallon of water a day (which is 4 to 8 bottles of water).


Well, there is my blog for day 1.  I'll be posting every night how my day went, how I felt, what I ate, etc. each day.  This is mainly for me, but if you would like to follow me, you are more than welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment